If you are a resident of Mumbai and have recently entered into a rent agreement with your landlord, it is important to ensure that the agreement is registered. This not only provides legal protection to both parties but also avoids any potential disputes in the future. Fortunately, you can check whether a rent agreement is registered online in Mumbai. Here`s how:
1. Visit the official website of the Department of Registration and Stamps, Maharashtra – igrmaharashtra.gov.in/
2. Click on the E-Registration option and select «Rent Agreement.»
3. Enter the required details like your name, address, landlord`s name, and address.
4. Upload a scanned copy of your rent agreement.
5. Enter the captcha code and click on «Submit.»
6. You will receive an acknowledgment with a unique application number, which you can use to track the status of your application online.
7. Once the application is processed, you will receive a digital copy of your registered rent agreement via email.
It is important to note that the registration process takes around 2-3 days, and the applicant needs to pay a stamp duty and registration fee as per the prevailing rates. The stamp duty is calculated based on the monthly rent payable and the duration of the agreement.
In case you face any issues during the registration process, you can reach out to the customer care of the Department of Registration and Stamps, Maharashtra at 022-26595000/26595001 or send an email to email@example.com.
In conclusion, checking the registration status of your rent agreement online in Mumbai is a simple and convenient process. By ensuring that your rent agreement is registered, you can safeguard your legal rights and avoid any future disputes with your landlord.